Tuesday, February 8, 2011

3rd time ain't a charm, and 4th time's a restraining order

I'll be the first to admit it: On match.com, I'm one picky bitch.


I probably respond to one out of every 15-20 messages I receive. But with good reason. I've shared with you some of the freaky things people message me. I tend to be a magnet for the perv, the midlife crisis, and the straight up loser (who can't spell).

Unfortunately there tends to be a group of romantic hopefuls on Match who don't get the that the reason I'm not responding to you: IS BECAUSE I AM NOT INTERESTED.

I've had a mixture of wink, message,wink, wink, message, wink, wink, from a strange small man we can call T.

Also a message, message, wink, IM, message, from someone we can call B. I'm embarassed for him...

My most memorable clueless creep sent only messages. And passionate ones at that. Followed up each with some version of "hey there... not sure if you got my last message. I think you're absolutely the most amazing girl I've seen on this site. Would love to chat sometime".

I shared this story with a friend of mine also on Match.com. She had a strangely similar experience! With an equally strange individual...We both sign on to Match to compare.

Not only was this the same guy... we had received the same messages! This fool COPIED AND PASTED THE SAME EXACT MESSAGES. Lots of them! They were word for word the same. I thought I was the most amazing girl on match.com you creepy bastard!

Believe it or not, I'm over it. And I responded "thanks but no thanks" with the bit of advice that if someone doesn't respond to your first message, chances are even less likely they will respond to your second, and even less likely to you third, and so on. Why would you want to date someone that didn't show any interest in you?

I need to write a book. One day, digital daters.... one day.

XOXO,
Ms. Matched

No comments:

Post a Comment