Monday, January 17, 2011

what's in a name?

Everything.

I recently had a hysterical conversation with a fabulous friend of mine in Los Angeles; also a recent Match.com member. She had just been "winked" at by a fellow named Morbo. "ABSOLUTELY NOT" she said. Not only was he "gastric bypass worthy" but his name was MORBO. I had just been winked at by someone with the username Doctor_43... who was sadly not a doctor. But very much 43.

So maybe Morbo couldn't help it. Of course real names aren't a deal breaker for me but I really do think that usernames are particularly important in the digital dating space... and people try much to hard to think of creative ones.

Here are a few EPIC failures :
  • WarHeathen - That just has domestic violence written all over it. Stay away.
  • ShiftyMute - You WOULD wink at me...
  • ManOfMystery -  The mystery: married or pedophile?
  • ABC_PlayWithMe - No mystery there... pedophile.
  • Soapypapoose - Native American pedophile? But a clean one.
  • RelishAndBeans - No comment.
  • KosherCassanova - For all you Jewish girls out there.
  • DoWorkSon - Why don't you just call yourself FratDick? Basically synonymous. 
  • Got2HaveKemistry - You all know how I feel about chemistry spelled with a K.
  • Hrdyouwerelkn4me - Who, the cops?
  • Red_Eyes_R_Blue - I don't smoke weed. Thanks though.

I mean really... this is just too much sometimes. Too much. But it's great to have so many friends in the same boat to share stories with. Especially friends as hysterical as Soraya.

Her face when she thinks of Morbo

Have y'all run into any particularly awful match.com usernames? Please share!

XOXO
Ms. Matched

3 comments:

  1. On chemistry.com I had one guy, Peter, "interested" in me... his tagline below his name was "I am Just lonely." I mean, if that doesn't scream 'gem wrapped in a bundle of fun' then I'm just unclear as to what does! My tagline for him: not interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! SoapyPapoose! http://www.urbandictionary.com/products.php?txtid=966206

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg so funny. i literally laughed out loud in the law library reading this entry :P

    ReplyDelete